Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Unfinished Projects - Dominion

I recently finished a project that I started about16 years ago.  I was actually working on two different stories at the same time while my wife was being treated for breast cancer.  I wasn’t certain that I would ever be able to finish those stories or not.  One I was writing by hand at doctors’ offices, waiting rooms, testing centers and other places where I passed the time waiting for LeAnne’s treatments and testing.

The other story I wrote at home on my computer.  The story I just finished was the one I wrote at home.  I call it Dominion.  It is a science fiction series.  I just published the first novel in the series.  This story was what I used to defray some of the stress of work, home, and other pressures during our experiences with cancer.  It was an easy story to write, but it was very difficult to go back to finish.  Every time I tried, I found myself reliving the hard times at home.  


My intent is to finish the other series also, however, I haven’t found the courage to tackle that one yet.  That one was a little closer to the very painful moments of LeAnne’s battle. 
When I finally do go back to do that one, I’ll let you know.  


In the meantime, I feel exhilarated to have pushed past the discomfort to finally conquer that milestone.  It was nothing like clearing out the closet, or boxing her letters, still, the difficulty was similar.  To have it done, brightens my day.

Until next time, (which I hope will not take quite as long) find the light in everything, especially when finishing unfinished projects.
Jene 

No comments:

Post a Comment