Monday, February 12, 2018

A New Loss, An Old Pain



A couple of weeks ago, I lost my dad.  His death didn/t really come as a surprise.  He was 86 and had been having health problems.  What was a surprise was the double hit that came when he passed.  I knew I would feel his passing.  I knew it would hit me hard, because I felt we were pretty close.  However, when he passed, it brought back nearly everything that I felt when I lost my wife.  It took me right back to LeAnne's illness and her passing.  It was very difficult to be involved in the funeral arrangements and things dealing with Dad's passing.  I suppose that we are never really as prepared for a loss like his.  I was even less prepared to relive hers.  It might not have affected me as much, but my father went through many of the same things that LeAnne did in the death process.  


I know that time will help to soften the pain.  I will miss him and I will push hard to keep myself busy.  I know from experience that I will weather it okay.  I will just keep doing what I've been doing, working hard to live up to my potential.  That is the least I can do to show my parents how grateful I am for their influence and their teachings all through my life.

Until next time,

Jene

No comments:

Post a Comment