Friday, April 11, 2014

Music Medicine

During the hard seasons of mourning, as well as times of fog and this time of new growth that I am presently in, I have found that music has played a big part in much of my progress.  Music has been useful to help lift me up, calm my heart, build me up and spur me forward. 

Many studies have been made about music and the influence it has upon us.  Hollywood has utilized it to manipulate our emotions, to help with the impact of the scene on the screen.  Others have found music to have a direct relationship between the way people will react within their everyday lives.  Music has inspired our feelings in ways to put us in particular ways of thinking.  There is a reason for so called “elevator music” in the elevator and in department stores.  They want us to be calm and indifferent to the passage of time.  Marching music and tunes with a stirring beat at athletic events are meant to get our blood pumping and put us in the mood for action. 

I’ve learned to use that to help me.  I listen to music that will help to put me into the mood for the results that I want.  When I have moments of melancholy, and I want to get an instant lift, I find some rousing uplifting music to help me get there.  When I need inspiration for a love story, I find that kind of music.  When I want action, if find action music.  It doesn’t always work for me, but most times it does. 

Music isn’t very time consuming, because we can listen to it, while we do other things.  With today’s technology, it is easy to get the kind of music, even the very song we want within a few seconds. 

Whatever your tastes are, or the kinds of music that will keep you going, I hope you can find some that will keep you smiling.

I hope some of these thoughts help.

Until next time,

Jene

No comments:

Post a Comment